December 8 will see a new dashboard update hit the Xbox 360 with improved functions and interactive ability built in. Plus a huge focus on motion and voice control.
Microsoft confirmed the date and also that it is finally looking at bringing all devises inline with one common interface. The update will bring elements of Windows 8 and Windows 7 phones to the console, as well as extra functions and entertainmen options.
Some of the functions being installed in the update include customised applications for television, movies, internet videos, sports and music and will begin rolling out in more than 20 countries. Also, new personal and social features like Cloud Storage for Game Saves and LIVE Profiles, Beacons and Facebook Sharing will also launch with the December 6 update.
Full details of the world wide update are noted below.
- Cloud Storage for Games Saves and Xbox live Profiles.
- Facebook Sharing.
- Stereoscopic 3D for games & experiences that support it.
- Support for dual play
- Updated Standard and Kinect Dashboard with Full Voice.
- Bing on Xbox.
- YouTube on Xbox 360 with Bing Search support.
- Updated Party chat.
- Xbox Live Changes
- ABC iView and SBS on Demand Australia.
- Live television on Xbox 360 with Bing Search support.
- RTVE. – Spain.
- Xfinity On Demand – U.S.
- Antena 3. – Spain.
- Verizon. – U.S.
- Vevo – U.S. & Canada
- HBO Go – U.S. (Select providers only, much like ESPN3)
- Expanded Kinect Voice Support.
- Kinect Dashboard with Full Voice Dashboard.